Join us for a week of live webinars with some of the leaders in the industry, paving the way for digital construction. Register below for all of the sessions, and keep up to date with our digital construction programmes on Building, Building Design and Housing Today.
Register below, and keep up-to-date with the programme over the coming weeks as we’ll be introducing our keynotes, speakers and further sessions.
Monday 18th October: Collaboration
How can we boost the use of MMC and offsite through collaboration?
Offsite and modern methods of construction have real potential to make a huge impact on the productivity and efficiency of UK buildings. Through early collaboration and knowledge sharing across the supply chain, the industry can push forward together in using these new methods.
Join our panel as we discuss:
- What are the benefits of offsite and MMC in helping us to deliver the UK’s buildings?
- How early collaboration can improve efficiency?
- What tools are available to us to aid productivity, and enhance the collaboration across the supply chain?
Head of global systems,
Head of insights & analytics
- How industry-wide collaboration is the key to meeting our sustainability targets
If we are going to see the changes required to meet our sustainability targets which are so crucial, then we are going to have to ensure industry wide collaboration across all levels of the supply chain – from the initial design right through to the end user client.
There are numerous areas where industry-wide sharing will bring about major improvements: from working together on the initial design specification, reducing embodied carbon in materials, right through to how the end-user manages their building. All of this will require collaboration across the project team, and a sharing of data and knowledge in ways that the industry has notoriously not done before.
Join our expert panel from across the project delivery team, as we discuss:
- What is currently holding back collaboration within the industry?
- What can be done to improve this and what digital methods are available to help us achieve this?
- How will an industry-wide approach aid toward our sustainability goals and beyond?
- How can we share data and information safely?
Head of Digital,
New Hospitals Programme
Dr Stacy Sinclair,
Tuesday 19th October: Innovation
My Big Idea… Hear from some of the most influential figures leading the industry in digital construction, and the most innovative new ideas making their way through. A series of case studies from Digital Champions across the industry, followed by a chaired discussion and the chance for Q&A.
Foster + Partners
Faithful + Gould
Head of digital delivery,
Sir Robert McAlpine
Product Marketing Manager,
How can BIM help tackle construction’s productivity challenges?
Productivity has long been a challenge for the construction industry, with a lack of technological advancement, miscommunication, coordination issues, and inefficient use of time just some of the reasons given for this problem. And on top of this the covid-19 challenges posed in the past 18 months have to the problem that needs to be overcome.
Join our panel to discuss how BIM and other innovation products, tools and applications can help the sector tackle its productivity problems.
Group technical editor,
Architect and BIM manager,
Chief Digital Officer,
Technical Marketing Manager for BIM and MEP,
Wednesday 20th October: Digital Twins
What is the role of digital twins in achieving our sustainability goals?
Digital Twins present a hugely powerful opportunity to help the construction industry to better understand the energy efficiency of a building and its performance. As the need for our buildings to be net zero comes ever closer, our panel will explore the role that digital twins can have in achieving our sustainability goals.
In this webinar, we will explore:
- What are the challenges involved in reaching our sustainability goals in new and existing buildings?
- What opportunities are available to the industry through digital twins?
- How can they help us in reducing our carbon emissions and help us to meet targets?
- What more can we do to help the sector realise their potential?
Group technical editor,
Senior research engineer,
Centre for Modelling & Simulation
Digital design leader,
Digital construction director,
Peter El Hajj,
Programme Lead for the National Digital Twin programme
- How can digital twins support the golden thread?
- What other digital construction technologies can support the sector through building safety reform?
- How can post-occupancy data from digital twins support building safety?
- Can digital twins support the recommendations of the Hackitt review?
Chief reporter, Building
UK Head of Digital
Thursday 21st October: Delivering Transformation
Is a lack of skills threatening our digital transformation?
As the COVID-19 response accelerates the speed and scale of digital transformation, a lack of digital skills could begin to threaten this. Digital transformation doesn’t just mean learning to work remotely: we need to focus on digital initiatives that improve productivity, reduce costs, work towards our Net Zero ambitions and so many other parts.
Join us as we discuss:
- What are the effects of the skills shortage on the industry?
- What steps can be taken to overcome these?
- With the correct learning, how can increased digital transformation actually create more jobs within the sector?
Head of Construction,
The Access Group
Head of analysis & forecasting,
Chief digital officer,
Turner & Townsend
How contractors can drive efficiency in challenging times
Sponsored session by Procore
Technology is no longer a nice-to-have, but a need-to-have for contractors that want to grow margins in an increasingly competitive market.
Learn how technology solutions help with healthy cash flow through connected workflows, real-time insights, and increased project visibility.
Join us to hear from your peers on how they:
- Centralise information and provide visibility for both the field and office
- Accelerate change management to secure payment for out-of-scope work
- Optimise resources and project supply chain
Josh Schumann, Business Development Director, Kenham Building
Tom Noctor, Senior Strategic Product Consultant, Procore
Business Development Director,
Product Marketing Manager,
Friday 22nd October: Cyber Security Forum
Introducing our new cyber security forum for 2021. We are so excited to partner with those leading the way in cyber security, as we discuss crucial steps we must start to take to protect the industry from cyber attacks.
Introduction to Smart Buildings and cyber security: New Guidance and Best Practices on the security of Smart Built Environments: IoTSF
Join our panel of experts who will present new Guidance and Best Practise documents on behalf of the Smart Built Environment Working Group, IoT Security Foundation.
Each paper outlines Guidance, Best Practices and Recommendations on the security of Smart Built Environments for building owners, facilities management professionals and companies.
Leaders from these particular stakeholder communities will consider their challenges, solutions and recommendations, and give us an introduction into the importance of learning about cyber security attacks on buildings.
Associate security consultant, Hilson Moran
Information Security Manager, Derwent London
Cybersecurity in Construction
Sponsored by Viewpoint
Join Peter Hodgson, Engineering Director at Trimble Viewpoint, as he discusses cybersecurity in construction. By the end of the session, whether your construction business is new to cybersecurity planning or would like to learn about advanced accreditation, you will gain a solid understanding of the next steps for your business.