Over the past few weeks Building, Building Design and Housing Today have been monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 to ensure we are taking the necessary steps to protect both our speakers and attendees of our upcoming conferences. Therefore we have made the difficult decision to postpone our upcoming Housing & Offsite conference. If you had previously bought a ticket for this conference, this will be transferred to the new date which will be confirmed soon. If you would like to speak to us about this, please contact one of the team.
However, we are pleased to introduce new programme-led webinars for 2020: two afternoons of informative presentations from an expert panel followed by a 30 minute Q&A. They will bring together the leading digital players from across the Built Environment.
The first webinar with our Housing Programme will take place
on Wednesday 29 July at 3pm
Will covid-19 recovery be a springboard for low carbon housing?
The pandemic has hit the housing sector hard, but is there an opportunity for energy efficient homes to be a crucial part of the economic recovery?
This webinar will discuss the potential for the housing sector to build back greener as we come out of this crisis. Topics will include:
- Developers’ commitment to net zero homes
- Investment in low carbon innovation and offsite solutions
- Plans to strengthen regulations and standards such as the Future Homes Standard proposals
- The case for a programme retrofitting homes to improve energy efficiency, create jobs and cut emissions
- Building in biodiversity and climate resilience to new homes