In partnership with:
November will see Building and Housing Today host a live event consisting of webinars, exclusive research & insight and thought leadership on the topic of net zero
Just some of the topics that will be discussed through our two day programme are:
- Delivering net zero – from construction techniques through to operational use
- Designing for Embodied carbon – from material specification through to repair and maintenance
- Managing and measuring whole Life-cycle carbon costs
- What clients want? Costs, impacts and understand planner’s agenda
- The Future of Net Zero buildings – what is the evolving picture?
Wednesday 18 November 9am:
Net Zero Report
To coincide with Net Zero Live, the Building Boardroom will be releasing the first three parts of its nine-part report on net zero, which includes insight from six leading clients.
This report is exclusively for Building Boardroom members – to be the first to read it, become a member now.
Wednesday 18 November 11am:
In conversation with...
Join us at 11am, as we hear from Jerry Tate, Partner at Tate Harmer Architects: one of the UK’s leading sustainable architects working within natural environments.
Amongst other things, Jerry will discuss how we need to build the ambition of Net Zero into the design process from the very start; how we can achieve this, and what this means for the industry as a whole in achieving our ambitions of a Net Zero future.
Wednesday 18 November 1pm:
Refurbishment is key to achieving net zero with all existing stock, both commercial and residential, being responsible for a huge proportion of carbon emissions.
Taking place on Wednesday 18 November at 1pm, in our free to attend webinar we will explore the challenges faced by the industry around achieving net zero and how the refurbishment of our existing stock can help towards achieving this.
Topics that will be covered include:
- The Green Recovery: is the Green Home Grant driving high quality retrofit at scale?
- Supply Chain Readiness: are the new PAS standards driving up quality or are we repeating the mistakes of the past?
- Financing Retrofit: the government is investing in retrofit to create jobs, but is the private investment sector convinced
- The deep retrofit of 27 million homes: are we close to the tipping point or still stuck in neutral?
- Local authorities and social housing: are they leading the way or lagging behind?
Turner & Townsend
Home Builders Federation
Thursday 19 November 11am:
Net Zero for Existing Buildings Webinar
Join us at 11am on Thursday 19 November for a free-to-attend webinar focusing on Net Zero within existing buildings.
Topics that will be covered include:
- What do net zero ambitions mean for existing buildings?
- How do we drive energy efficiency in existing buildings to achieve net zero ambitions
- The opportunities available to manage energy efficiencies
- The retrofit opportunities that we have within existing buildings to manage energy savings
Martin Gettings FIEMA
Group Head of Sustainability
Canary Wharf Group
VP of Digital Energy
Professor Lucelia Rodrigues
Chair in Sustainable and Resilient Cities
University of Nottingham
Thursday 19 November 1pm:
Energy Efficiency Webinar
On the second day of Net Zero Live, our lunchtime webinar will focus on energy efficiency.
We will look at key issues around energy efficiency within the industry, what are the future systems and technologies that will enable good energy efficiency in buildings, what are the some of the key challenges and how are we overcoming these in the pursuit of net zero.
Head of Engineering
Drees and Sommer
Victoria Kate Burrows
Director Advancing Net Zero
World Green Building Council
David Mason Environment Technical Director
Group Editorial Director
By attending our two day, online event that will be taking place on Building and Housing Today you will have access to:
Hear from industry leaders through a series of webinars covering the hot topic of net zero – more to be announced.
Pan-industry thought leadership – from those leading the way in education, infrastructure and residential.
Exclusive research and insight – how are organisations funding projects that deliver net zero.
Online CPD’s with a focus on net zero: visit our dedicated website here to gain your CPD points.
Exclusive video interviews with those making waves in delivering net zero and who can recommend best practice.