The Building Safety Bill: What will the implementation of Gateway 1 mean for the industry?
In July 2020, the Government published the draft Building Safety Bill: the most revolutionary proposed overhaul of building safety regulations for decades.
Extensive work has been conducted under Dame Judith Hackitt’s leadership, with the latest changes and reforms set to be introduced on 1st August: Gateway One. Gateway one is being introduced to ensure that fire safety measures are included at planning stages, as well as establishing the HSE will be established as a mandatory consultee on all relevant buildings.
Join our panel of experts, as we unpack what will be required as part of the first major changes stemming from the Hackitt Review, and the implications that this will have on the industry.
- What principles, concepts and approaches relating to fire safety need to be demonstrated in the fire statement?
- Who is responsible for preparing the fire statement?
- How will the HSE’s role as a statutory consultee will impact the sector and planning process?
- How can firms demonstrate that policies relating to fire safety in local development documents have been taken into account?
Amanda Stubbs, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins
Chris Allery, Technical Director, Fire Engineering, Hydrock
Andrew Mellor, Partner, PRP
Thursday 24th June:
11.30am – 12.30pm
Passive Fire Protection for Structural Steel: CPD
As our cities grow taller and our buildings more ambitious, steel frame construction is becoming an increasingly important construction method – and one that poses a range of fire protection considerations to support safety and avoid structural collapse in the event of a fire.
This CPD focuses on providing an understanding of the key considerations for insulating structural steel members, and how choosing the right insulation solutions can extend fire protection periods and simplify building regulation compliance.
· Provide an overview of structural steel and steel frame constructioOutline key considerations for the fire protection of structural steel
· Examine up to date regulations, standards and testing protocols
· Understand the role of insulation in providing built in fire protection
· Learn more about ROCKWOOL BEAMCLAD® Solutions for structural steel
· Explore the wider benefits of choosing stone wool insulation
Coral Morgan, Fire Protection Product Manager, ROCKWOOL UK